Whilst we are subject to COVID-19 instructions, we are introducing a booking system for those wishing to attend the club premises and sail.
Casual sailing visits to the club without a booked slot will not be possible whilst anti-COVID-19 measures are in place.
Members are required to pre-book up to a 2 hour sailing timeslot on the COVID-19 section of this website.
Free sailing for those with a timeslot confirmation, will be available on Sundays from 11am to 5pm, and Wednesday evenings from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Once you have submitted your booking request, please await an email confirmation from the Club before heading down to the club to sail.
A maximum of 8 boats will be allowed to sail, with a maximum of 30 members at any one time in the compound, including volunteers, sailors, and those non-sailing.
The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on the Officer of the Day and the volunteer team.
We all have a role to play in adhering to the Government guidelines and therefore we ask you to observe the following:
No Visitors are allowed on site at any time
- Please do not attend SASC if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please show consideration for others by respecting the social distancing requirement of 2m.
- Restrictions will be in place to ensure overcrowding does not take place around the site. Please do not congregate in “gatherings” of more than 6 people, socially distanced by 2 metres or more.
- All vehicles should be parked in the main parking area in front of the clubhouse to provide plenty of space for maintaining social distancing.
- Entry to the site will be restricted to members and their family included in their family membership. We request that no more than 4 persons attend at one time from the same household. Numbers of persons attending the site may have to be limited during times of peak demand.
- Opening/locking of the ADC Vehicle Barrier and the Security Gates to the Club Compound on scheduled Sailing Days shall only be by the nominated SASC Officer of the Day for the day’s sailing session.
- Members may be required to relocate their boats or other equipment, to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Apart from the main toilets in the Changing Rooms, For which access will be on a one person at a time basis, there will be no access to the rest of Changing Room, Safety Boat Garage, Store/Workshop or Clubhouse. These locations including and especially the showers/changing rooms will remain closed to everybody except the OOD.
- There will be a hand sanitisation station set up near the lobby to the Changing Rooms. You are required to clean and disinfect the toilet bowl and cistern handle after use, and wash your hands thoroughly and dry them with the paper towels provided.
- All boats shall carry a minimum 5 metre long painter attached to either the bow or mast of their boat for recovery purposes
- Club boats will only be available for use on Sundays and Wednesday evenings, and cannot be shared with any other non-family members on the same day.
- We are allowing competent juniors to sail, but with a reduced windspeed average of 10 knots, a requirement to use a masthead float, and with a responsible parent in attendance at all times to assist with rigging & de-rigging, launching & recovery.
- Please do not spend any longer on site than is necessary.
- Please give careful consideration to prevailing conditions and condition of your equipment, when taking the decision to go afloat.
- There will not be any catering provisions available on site until further notice.
- The tables on the raised patio area should not be used for gathering together socially in more than groups of six, and fully respecting recommended social distancing recommendations. If you require to sit, please bring your own folding chairs.
- Persons not respecting social distancing guidelines or reasonable requests from members of staff will be asked to leave the SASC site.